Applications must include:
1. Completed and signed Application Cover Sheet (see link below)
2. Narrative (600-word maximum). Within the narrative, applicants should include a short listing of the activities to be supported, as well as the proposal's significance to the humanities and their own research.
3. Short CV (2-page maximum)
Application download: (link to application form)
Application requirements: Submit your application as a single pdf to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the following naming convention for your application pdf: Last name First name Weiner Grant
Evaluation criteria: Proposals are reviewed by the Director of the Center for the Humanities, in consultation with other faculty members and administrators as needed. If there are more applications that clearly fulfill the goals of the program than can be funded, the proposals selected will be those that seem most likely to make a substantial contribution to the progress of the faculty members’ research, and contribute to the development of innovative humanistic interdisciplinary dialogue.
Grant administration: Grant awards will be administered through the faculty member’s home department.
- Funds will be made available in an appropriate account by July 1.
- Grantees are expected to adhere to all administrative and financial policies of the university.
- Any funds not spent during a given fiscal year automatically carry forward to the next fiscal year.
- Awards will generally be for five years, and can be renewed by reapplying, as long as the faculty member remains actively involved in research and teaching.